- Ask God to show me how to have peace (be joyful, be generous, etc.) each morning.
- Reflect on that day’s cultivation each evening, and journal thoughts.
- Memorize a Bible verse for each fruit.
- Try and turn my mind continually to the fruit I’m cultivating.
- Read at least two books on each fruit (or…attempt to, at least).
Now onto patience specifically…
To [CULTIVATE] PATIENCE in July, I plan to:
- Pinpoint the triggers that lead to impatience
- Stop the physical part of impatience (huffing, crossing arms, checking phone, etc.)
- Remember most stressors are answers to prayers
- Take 48 hours to think about purchases over $50
- Keep a list of things I love about right now
- Check my expectations
These are the two books I’ve chosen to read this month:
- When God takes too long: learning to thrive during life’s delays by Joseph Bentz.
- Christian patience: the strength & discipline of the soul. A course of lectures by Archbishop Ullath
Anyone want to participate in any of the action items with me? Let us learn to wait with patient hearts!