As a recap, here are the steps I am taking each month for each fruit. These will be continuous throughout my project:
- Ask God to show me how to have peace (be joyful, be generous, etc.) each morning.
- Reflect on that day’s cultivation each evening, and journal thoughts.
- Memorize a Bible verse for each fruit.
- Try and turn my mind continually to the fruit I’m cultivating.
- Read at least two books on each fruit (or…attempt to, at least).
Now onto kindness specifically…
To [CULTIVATE] KINDNESS in August, I plan to:
- Be kind in stressful situations
- Explore random acts of kindness — and what that overused phrase truly means
- Show mercy to people, even when I don’t think they deserve it
- Kill ‘em with kindness
- Reflect on the kindness of others toward me
- Find an opportunity to practice compassion
These are the two books I’ve chosen to read this month:
- The Power of Kindness: the Unexpected Benefits of Leading a Compassionate Life by Piero Ferrucci
- The Hidden Power of Kindness: A Practical Handbook for Souls Who Dare to Transform the World, One Deed at a Time by Lawrence G Lovasik