- Ask God to show me how to have peace (be joyful, be generous, etc.) each morning.
- Reflect on that day’s cultivation each evening, and journal thoughts.
- Memorize a Bible verse for each fruit.
- Try and turn my mind continually to the fruit I’m cultivating.
- Read at least two books on each fruit (or…attempt to, at least).
Now onto goodness specifically…
To [CULTIVATE] GOODNESS in September, I plan to:
- Attempt to see people through Christ’s eyes, and act accordingly
- Remember that pride can be dangerous, when it comes to my actions
- Deal with a particular sin
- Think and research about whether or not “good” Christian things are actually good
- Dwell on the good (thinking, reading, watching, talking, etc.)
- Seek good for someone else
This is the book I’ve chosen to read this month (I have been totally failing at this, BTW):
- No More Christian Nice Girl: When Just Being Nice–Instead of Good–Hurts You, Your Family, and Your Friends by Paul Coughlin and Jennifer D. Degler